Subject: Re: Continuing sun3 nbsd142 funzies.....
To: None <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
List: port-sun3
Date: 05/26/2000 07:00:58
In <200005252035.QAA37222@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu wrote:

>>> Well, after perusing the spare parts bins, and spreadeagling drives between
>>> here and neverneverland, I managed to eek out one more working 60mb drive,
>>> and was attempting to bring up baby (Sun 3/60).  Alas, there are no console
>>> devices in the boot kernels!  and it aborts to prom on NetBSD-1.4.2.

>> What does exactly say the kernel ? What console are you using (keyboard+display
>> or serial) ?
>> I suspect something like incorrect prom settings

> Nope, it is the booting kernel from what I can tell.  Sunos boots and runs
> fine.  The machine is 24mb using the standard mono screen and sun0669 hd at

Manuel asks you "What does exactly say the kernel?"

I think there is no "no console device" message in any sources.
sys/kern/init_main.c might print "warning: no /dev/console\n", though.

cninit() in sys/arch/sun3/zs.c checks prom settings but
I guess the method is different from what SunOS does.
---
Izumi Tsutsui
tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp