Subject: Re: 3/60 netboot/install problem
To: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
From: Kevin P. Neal <kpneal@pobox.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 05/24/2000 13:04:13
On Wed, May 24, 2000 at 10:14:30AM -0400, NetBSD Bob wrote:
> Hmmm, I had not thought of it taking that long.  I had been waiting about
> 2-3 minutes, and watching the clock bar spinning extremely slowly (about
> one segment per 30 seconds or so), and after that was thinking it was not
> going to do anything.  I will let it set longer and see if that actually
> finishes.  How long should it actually take, once it starts loading?

Anybody know how well netbooting deals with a very very busy network?

I don't know what Bob's network is like, but the network on a different
part of campus (in one of the Engineering buildings, one building over
from the Engineering admins) has a single 10base-T network for the
entire building.

Just a guess.
--
XCOMM Kevin P. Neal:  Senior, CSC, NCSU    http://www.pobox.com/~kpn/