Subject: Re: 3/60 netboot/install problem
To: None <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu, orpheus@avalon.net>
From: None <jwbirdsa@picarefy.picarefy.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 05/23/2000 21:37:56
>When you get this working, can you give a list of what it was you
>actually did?  I have been working step by step from the FAQ, and
>it just is not working on my machine.  I have tried netbooting from
>a 3/260 with NetBSD-1.4.2 and a 4/60 with NetBSD-1.4.2, and it gets
>as far as getting its id, and possibly loading something else, and
>then it just sits doing nothing.

   How long did you wait? This is something I experience with netbooting my
Suns. It has been a while since I last had to boot, but I seem to recall
that the bootstrap loader queried every machine on my network looking for
bootparams. The result was that it sat there twiddling its thumbs for ages,
while all the rest of my machines printed annoyed messages about it. Just
let it sit there for ten minutes or so and it will probably get itself going.

   --James B.