Subject: OK.... now have sun 3/60 toy.... best way to load NetBSD?
To: None <port-sun3@netbsd.org>
From: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
List: port-sun3
Date: 05/19/2000 15:19:22
In perusing the surplus pit, today, at MooU... a plainjane 3/60 box
surfaced.  I have a set of drives, a tape transport, monitor, mouse+pad,
and cabling sufficient to run it up.  IF ram is limiting (like 4M on the
thing, although I may be able to scare up 4 more sticks), which NetBSD
would be the best to load first?  Eventually, I want to get the 1.4.2 up
on it.  Netbooting is not an option where the machine is at, it must go
standalone from tape.  The last time I tried the tapeboot, it would not
work on a 3/260, and I had to resort to loading sunos then loading the
swap-miniroot, etc.  One possible alternative is that I might could
dump a spare disk and move that to the 3/60.  Any suggestions or
insights are appreciated.

Thanks

Bob