Subject: framebuffer questions
To: None <port-sun3@netbsd.org>
From: Matthew Fredette <fredette@MIT.EDU>
List: port-sun3
Date: 10/25/1999 16:40:18
Hi.  My main machine is a 3/60 with a cgfour, no onboard mono, running
NetBSD 1.4.

When X is running, I run xconsole to corral the console output, which
normally works fine.  But any X server AUDIT messages appear "in
front" of the X display contents, as if they were written directly to
the text console.  The only way I can make these messages disappear is
to exit and restart X.

I understand that the cgfour supports something called a "bwtwo
overlay plane", so I'm guessing that's part of the story here.  Can
anyone explain the history of this feature?

I also have a 3/60 with the onboard mono plus a mono monitor, and
I'm starting to think about putting together a two-headed machine.
I've done a small amount of research, but I haven't ever run a
two-headed X server of any kind.  Does anyone have any experience
running a two-headed 3/60 under NetBSD?

The Xsun I installed with 1.4 appears to at least parse the old
-zaphod option, so I take that as a good sign.  Will fvwm-1.24 deal?

Thanks in advance,

Matt

--
Matt Fredette