Subject: Strange Network connection to RH Linux Box
To: None <port-sun3@netbsd.org>
From: None <derry.birse@ind.alstom.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 10/01/1999 14:57:22
I have NetBSD 1.3.2 running on some of my sun3 systems and have this connected
to a laptop running RH linux 5.2 via a network hub. A good example of the
problem is when I try netbooting NetBSD on my Sun3 from the linux machine. The
Sun3 sits and does nothing until I generate some network activity from the linux
box using 'ping -f' to flood the network with request packets. Any time I stop
ping results in the sun3 acting as if it had been disconnected from the network.
Any ideas? I have a feeling its something in the linux box setup.

Thanks for any replies.

Derry Birse