Subject: Re: Barcode Reader for Sun 3/260
To: Chan Chee Wei <ccheewei@hotmail.com>
From: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@MIT.EDU>
List: port-sun3
Date: 07/16/1999 10:20:21
"Chan Chee Wei" <ccheewei@hotmail.com> writes:

> Does anyone know how can I connect a barcode reader to my Sun 3/260
> workstation? The barcode scanner and decoder vendors that I contacted can
> only support Type 4 and Type 5 keyboard but not Type 3 that I have on my Sun
> 3/260.

	The keyboards are electrically compatible, so it's a Simple
Matter of Wiring. The Sun Hardware Reference
(ftp.picarefy.com/pub/Sun-Hardware-Ref, and many other places) has
enough information on the pinouts to let you construct the adapters
you need. I don't know if anyone sells them as an off-the-shelf
product, but a cable vendor like Black Box could also make an adapter
for you.

	- Nathan