Subject: Re: ipv6 on sun3
To: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: port-sun3
Date: 07/15/1999 18:41:14
On Wed, Jul 14, 1999 at 12:44:21AM +0900, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:
> bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr wrote:
>
> > here's what I got on my sun3/60:
> > le0: not multicast capable, IPv6 not enabled
>
> > Is it a limitation of the driver or hardware ?
>
> sun3 (not sun3x) config files have "options LANCE_LEVC_BUG" and
> multicast is disabled in lance.c.

Well, I removed LANCE_LEVC_BUG from my kernel, and I can now ping6 my sun3
(it's ready to enter the 21th century :).
I didn't notice any problems but I only use the network to log in, and sup the
sources (I have local disks).
Does someone know what the bug it, and what effects it has ?

> > How hard would it be to add multicast support if possible ?
>
> I have no idea... (Replace the chip with a newer one?)

Maybe we could emulate multicast with promiscious mode and broadcast ?