Subject: Re: Sun3/260
To: Peter Koch <koch@pz.pirmasens.de>
From: Chris Conn <cconn@abacom.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 06/07/1999 08:24:05
On Mon, 7 Jun 1999, Peter Koch wrote:

> Hi!
>

> Yeah, the 3/260 CPU does have the Intel Ethernet chip (ie0).
> Maybe only the Lance Ethernet chip (le0) found in the 3/50
> and 3/60 is compiled in.

Ok, I will try with the generic kernel....anyone on this list using the
Xkernel successfully?

> BTW: What's this "VME Ciprico Rimfire SCSI card"???
>
> Haven't seen such a beast yet...

This is a part of my (unsuccessful) quest to turn a diskless, SCSI
cardless ramless Sun3/260 into a working machine...bought a 17inch
monitor, color frame-buffer, 32 mb ram, type-3 keyboard/mouse and what I
thought was a SCSI card from an obscure dealer in the states.  I installed
it to the best of my knowledge, the lights come on but I can't get it to
work...even in the PROM, when I issue the b sd(0,0,0), it says "device not
found"...  It is a Ciprico 3523 VME SCSI adapter, and I have yet to find
out where or on what it actually works...  Anyone have a VME SCSI card
that is supported by the Sun3/260 and NetBSD for sale cheap???  =)  I
spent so much money on the Sun3 just to see it work, it would be a shame
to only run it diskless...at least the rest of my purchases were original
sun3 or sun3 compatible...

Chris