Subject: Hello
To: None <port-sun3@netbsd.org>
From: Steve Roylance <steve@pinehill.net>
List: port-sun3
Date: 03/28/1999 10:50:59
Hi there, I just joined the sun3 mailing list.
A fried of mine has a sun 3/80 that isnt doing anything, and
I thought it would be a good project to get it up and running.
It has 16MB of ram (Im pretty sure) a color monitor, mouse, kb, etc.
It is lacking a hard drive, though, and therefore is without an OS.
I don't have access to SunOS, and NetBSD seems to be the only OS
that supports it anymore.
I have a Linux machine that I can run bootp (or rarp) and tftp on.
Can I boot it off of this?  Shold I buy a Hard drive for it
(I assume its just SCSI, I can get a few hundred MB drive for cheap)
or can I run it NFS-root from the linux machine?  I have plenty of
space to spare on that box.
Ive heard rumors about Linux's NFS not working right with SUN...
is that the case?

Thanks in advance for any help,
Steve Roylance