Subject: Re: code compatibility between sunos and netbsd on sun3
To: None <port-sun3@netbsd.org>
From: Christos Zoulas <christos@zoulas.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 03/24/1999 16:08:23
In article <199903241455.JAA01664@cc06du.unity.ncsu.edu> rdkeys@unity.ncsu.edu writes:
>I was wondering about the code comptibility between sunos and netbsd on
>the sun3.  I thought I was reading that under some conditions binaries
>were compatible, but they needed to be set up or linked in a special
>way or the libraries brought along.
>
>If I wanted to compile foo.c on the sun3 with sunos and bring the
>binary up on netbsd, what specific compiler/linker switches should
>be set how, for a self-contained binary that would have the best
>chance of working.

Well, if you don't want to carry shared libraries around, you want -Bstatic
Otherwise the standard generic kernel has COMPAT_SUNOS in by default. You'll
need to make /emul/sunos and populate it with ld.so and the shared libraries
in appropriate places in order to run dynamically linked executables.

christos