Subject: Re: Sun 3x (3/80) port status?
To: None <rdkeys@unity.ncsu.edu>
From: Kevin P. Neal <kpneal@pobox.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 03/21/1999 00:41:55
On Sat, Mar 20, 1999 at 04:01:15PM -0500, rdkeys@unity.ncsu.edu wrote:
> 2.)  X would not install and run.  It installed OK, but died looking
>      for the libraries.  I linked or cp'd libraries into the appropriate
>      /usr/lib, and it came up to the X cursor on the background screen,

Yuck!

If you have to do this then you did something wrong.

Try 'ldconfig /usr/X11R6/lib' and try adding that path to /etc/ld.so.conf (I
think that's the correct file).

>      then immediately shut down dumping xclock or xterm core.  Anyone
>      have any idea what might be causing that, and is there a proper
>      way to install the X suite (I will assume I goofed somewhere?)?
>      It should be in the install guide, perhaps?

See above.

"You know, I think I can hear the machine screaming from here...  \
'help me! hellpp meeee!'"  - Heather Flanagan, 14:52:23 Wed Jun 10 1998