Subject: Sun3x and cache
To: None <port-sun3@netbsd.org>
From: Alex Barclay <alex@vsys.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 03/15/1999 15:53:50
Hi all,

I have recently borrowed a Sun 3/480 and it is running NetBSD 1.2

I'm currently compiling last weekends current tree but it is running
really really slowly. So I have a couple of questions.

1) What is the cache architecture for the VME 3X machines. I suspect
that there is the 030 L1 cache and a further Sun specific L2 cache on the
cpu card. Is this correct?

2) Are either of these being enabled?

I'm pretty sure that the L2 cache isn't being enabled, I'm
not sure about the L1 cache on chip.

If we are missing either of these then I can probably do some work on
enabling these as the machine is pretty unusable now (takes 24 hours
to compile egcs). I'll just need some documentation if I am to do this.

Any suggestions?

A.