Subject: Can't Boot SCSI Disks
To: None <port-sun3@netbsd.org>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: port-sun3
Date: 12/30/1998 06:45:15
I'm having a bit of a problem with my pair of Sun 3/60s (one mono,
one colour). Both boot fine from the net, and let me install the
miniroot to any of a number of external drives. (To be precise, a
SUN207, 365 MB and 520 MB Quantum Lightnings, and a 1 GB Seagate
Hawk.) However, none of these drives will boot from the prom of
either machine (using the `b sd(,x,1)' syntax, where x is the SCSI
ID). The one machine returns a SCSI device timeout, the other
returns device not found. (The same message is given for any value
of x.)

All these disks had disklabels edited with `edlabel /dev/rsd0c'
and the miniroot copied with `dd if=miniroot of=/dev/rsd0b'.

Has anyone any thoughts on why this might be happening?

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   604 801 5335   De gustibus, aut bene aut nihil.
The most widely ported operating system in the world: http://www.netbsd.org