Subject: Re: UVM works on the Sun3X
To: None <gwr@netbsd.org>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
List: port-sun3
Date: 12/13/1998 20:24:31
In <13939.26856.215870.366717@vite>
gwr@netbsd.org wrote:

>  > BTW, it seems that pmap_page_index() is not used if
>  > MACHINE_NEW_NONCONTIG is defened. It is declared in
>  > /sys/vm/pmap.h and used in /sys/vm/vm_page.c only
>  > if MACHINE_NONCONTIG is defined.
>
> Maybe things have changed since I looked, but
> I think it is still used if !defined(UVM).
> Perhaps a #if would be in order...

pmap_page_index() is used only in vm_page_bootstrap() in
vm_page.c, but all of them are in #elif defined(MACHINE_NONCONTIG).
`nm /sys/arch/sun3/compile/GENERIC3X/*.o` shows no reference to
pmap_page_index(). Of course, UVM is not defined in GENERIC3X.

Now all ports switch to MACHINE_NEW_NONCONTIG, so we can purge
all old NONCONTIG codes. I'm not sure which functions are used only
by old NONCONTIG, though..
---
Izumi Tsutsui
tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp