Subject: Re: Sun 3/60 and serial mouse
To: W. Reilly Cooley, Esq. <wcooley@nakedape.ml.org>
From: Kevin Sullivan <ksulliva@psc.edu>
List: port-sun3
Date: 12/01/1998 13:37:32
--==_Exmh_667768148P

On Mon, 30 Nov 1998 20:46:02 PST, "W. Reilly Cooley, Esq." says
>Maybe you've got the mouse pad upside-down.

Nope.  I've tried the pad rightside-up, upside-down, and every orientation
inbetween.  The mouse works backwards and smoothly at 0 and 180; backwards
and choppy at 90 and 270; and barely at all at any other angle.  As someone
else said, "not all sun mousepads are the same".  I've obviously got the
wrong pad for my mouse.

Does the Xsun xserver build from the xsrc tree?  If so, I may try to tweak
the source to convince the mouse driver to reverse directions.  Also, does
wscons work on the Sun3?  Doesn't that have "generic" mouse support,
allowing any serial mouse to work?

Also, I've heard rumors of a postscript file which when printed work work
as a Sun mousepad (apparently white paper reflects enough for the mouse).
Does anyone know where I might find such a thing?

--
Kevin Sullivan
Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center

--==_Exmh_667768148P

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: 2.6.2

iQCVAwUBNmQ3bH4qeMKIUCpVAQGBXQQAkLlAqOOHnFkOLY4jbwaU8w9XC98vdoj6
JpGMUShEY+2zoOJ7IM1TOEtuJtu83pnduK0732DKzemGc2GJsldTD17gnmmGkJBH
TDoUy28lVjDtqsb8YI4nYkm2hzeRTiAp1OwRSPwupCz8NNIRLqASsfRE0yhJ2Z4c
P8ft26IjK4o=
=DI+5
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

--==_Exmh_667768148P--