Subject: Re: [Help] Sun 3/80
To: Ryan Stapleton <raal@penn.com>
From: Jeremy Cooper <jeremy@broder.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 09/29/1998 18:17:43
On Tue, 29 Sep 1998, Ryan Stapleton wrote:

> /usr/libexec/ld.so: xinit: libXmu.so.6.0:  no such file or directory
> [...] what config file do I need to change?

Add /usr/X11R6/lib to the LD_DIRS variable in /etc/rc.local.

> Also when in X and someone logs into my box or someone
> switches to root I get a console message across the screen,
> is there a way I can make those just go to logs oro make
> some window handle all of that stuff?  and if so how?

As part of the usual utilities that you fire up when running X, make sure
you run xconsole.  If doing so gives you a permission denied error, you
need to compile a new kernel with "options UCONSOLE" (this option is
normally commented out in the GENERIC sun3[x] configuration files).  After
that, you should be able to use xconsole with no problems.

-J