Subject: Re: Hardware problem
To: Chris Rupnik <chrisr@geeknet.montreal.qc.ca>
From: Rick Copeland <rickgc@calweb.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 09/09/1998 09:11:24
Chris,

I have one 4meg 501-1132 board in the 3/160 (gives me a total of 8megs)and
it does boot.  I can email you jumper settings after lunch (I will have to
go home and copy them). However, as I mentioned in the previous email, I
believe that there are some other problems with the jumper settings in
these 12 slot boxes.  My 3/150 (it comes up saying it is a 3/160, I guess
because it has a 501-1208 in it) has a smaller backplane and the boards can
be placed from left to right directly unlike the 3/160 backplane which has
to have the first memory in slot 5.  This of course makes it more difficult
to figure out what the jumpers are doing and where they are sending the
signals.

I think Der Mouse might be a good resource on this one, I seem to remember
about a year or so ago he did some postings on this issue.

Rick Copeland