Subject: Re: X11R6 cannot open /dev/mouse on Sun3
To: None <jworrell@priacc.com>
From: J. Maynard Gelinas <maynard@jmg.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 06/22/1998 17:09:03
    Betcha someone forgot to compile in mouse support in the 1.3.2 generic
kernels.  Since CG4 support is now available in the newer 1.3 development
kernels, and is in no way supported in the 1.3.2 release distribution, you
probably want to go that route anyway. One caveat: last week I tried
unsuccessfully to compile and run -current, but the maintainers may have fixed
the problem I was running into (it was narrowed down to a bug in UVM support).
If you're unable to get -current to boot, or for whatever reason, I'll let you
grab a working near current kernel with cg4 support from my ftp site.  Just let
me know.

--jmg

 Hi.