Subject: Re:problems with a 3/50 and ppp
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: bongert <herkimer@cs.wisc.edu>
List: port-sun3
Date: 06/13/1998 10:01:53
UPDATE:

	I got the thing to dial the modem now, and it seems to connect, but
then pppd quits, I get a prompt back, and all the lights go off on the
modem (drops connection). This is what the end part of the connection looks
like (from /var/adm/messages):
	chat[221]: slip -- got it
	chat[221]: send (ppp^M)
	pppd[219]: Serian connection established
	pppd[219]: Using interface ppp0
	pppd[219]: Connect: ppp0 <--> /dev/ttya
	pppd[219]: Connection terminated
	pppd[219]: Exit

I noticed in the archives at flame.org someone else was having the same
problems, but no one answered him, and when I emailed him about it, he
couldn't remember for sure (it was a year and a half ago).

Anyone know what these error messages mean?
Dan Bongert                   | Hire the Morally Handicapped--It's More Fun!
dbongert@students.wisc.edu    | National Institute for the Morally Handicapped
herkimer@upl.cs.wisc.edu      | http://www.upl.cs.wisc.edu/~herkimer