Subject: Re: Cleaning reminder
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Peter Koch <koch@pz.pirmasens.de>
List: port-sun3
Date: 05/30/1998 08:44:53
Hi!

>It's spring cleaning time!
Yep! I have just cleaned my 3/260 and three of my 3/80.
Next week, my 3/110, 3/160 and the three 3/60 will be done.

>Take a few minutes to clean out the dust in your fans.
Especially, if you've overclocked the machine!

>This is the number one killer of sun3 machines.
Unfortunately yes.
Especially the wide pizza box does suffer from this problem,
because there is a narrow steel net in the air inlet.

Another hint: The air inlet of the wide pizza box is at
the bottom of the machine. If you use the box as desktop
machine, place something under its feet so it stands
higher. I use pieces of wood or plastic for this.
It reduces the temperature in the machine for several
degrees celsius.

Happy cleaning!

Peter