Subject: Re: Sun3/50 _&_ NetBSD-1.3.1
To: Moore Brett <db@hypermax.net.au>
From: Erik E. Fair <fair@clock.org>
List: port-sun3
Date: 04/29/1998 04:32:43
At 2:46 -0700 4/29/98, Moore Brett wrote:
>      Before anyone draws the gun on this next question....I know the 4Mb
>sun3/50 would be pushing the rough edge of sanity running X...but just for
>the hell of it, I tried to get the xserver running. I've gotten around
>most of the prickles, and it seems only this error stops it now:;
>
>Fatal server error: Cannot open /dev/mouse, error 6

found in /usr/include/sys/errno.h:

#define ENXIO           6               /* Device not configured */

Note, however, that the X server may not be reporting an "errno" value.
This error says that either the device driver isn't in the kernel you
tried, or that when the kernel tried to probe this device, it didn't find
it at boot time. Does your mouse work? If it works, was it connected to the
machine when you booted?

All speculation just before bed,

	Erik <fair@clock.org>