Subject: Sun3/50 _&_ NetBSD-1.3.1
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Moore Brett <db@hypermax.net.au>
List: port-sun3
Date: 04/29/1998 19:46:12
Heya!! Okay, my supposition on the install docs seems adequate to update
the NetBSD-1.2 installation that was living on the sun3/50. (^8 I would
expect there'd still be hours of torment trying to do a virgin_install of
netbsd-1.3.1 (at least..from a RHL box) to a sun3/50...but that is my
speculation (and I'm not about to go and verify this ;) The only error I
noticed was during the base.tgz untar...I saw a line that it was unable to
create the <dir>  /var/crash  I think it was. This doesn't seem important
to me (seeing as I can't recall the 3/50 ever crashing), but should I be a
little more conscious of this particular directory?

      Before anyone draws the gun on this next question....I know the 4Mb
sun3/50 would be pushing the rough edge of sanity running X...but just for
the hell of it, I tried to get the xserver running. I've gotten around
most of the prickles, and it seems only this error stops it now:;

Fatal server error: Cannot open /dev/mouse, error 6

Anyone know what that might mean??

Cheers!

Db