Subject: Sun 3/80 NFS Question
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Pete Plank <neko@pindigital.net>
List: port-sun3
Date: 04/26/1998 12:37:51
Hello,

Well while we're on the subject of NFS, I was wondering about some
quirkiness I've been experiencing and whether my migrating to NetBSD would
correct it. Right now I have several directories on my Sun 3/80 running
SunOS 4.1.1 NFS mounted onto my SGI Indigo running IRIX 5.3. Data transfer
to the directories from the the SGI is fast and quite normal, but when I
receive data it will pause and wait a while, sometimes minutes, before
finally resuming the transfer. I also tried this on my PC running Linux and
it's doing the same thing. Oh, and it happens during FTP too, so it seems to
be a network issue, but I haven't a clue whether it is simply software or
hardware related.

Has anyone else experienced this, and is it something that NetBSD might fix?
As it stands the 3/80 isn't a very happy NFS server :-)

Thanks,

Pete Plank