Subject: Emacs 20.2 Build
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Richard Ingram <rji@bristol.st.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 04/22/1998 11:46:08
Hi,

Just built X11R6.3 under NetBSD1.3 on my Sun3/60 as I could not get the
precompiled X binaries to work - the screen comes up with the X background and
that is it.

Anyway if my X build was OK does anyone know if emacs needs the shared or
static X libs. I remember building emacs under SunOS4.1.1 with my own built X
and it would not build as it required static libs (or was it shared) it was 2
yrs ago so I can't quite remember. Actually maybe there is an option to use
shared/static in the emacs configure ??

Anyway what I really want to know is are there any gotchas building emacs on
this setup ?

Also is the package system useable under Sun3/60 NetBSD ?

Thanks for any suggestions,

Richard.