Subject: installing sun3x using a SunOS system.
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Todd 'Taco' Hansen <taco@tshansen.reshall.ucsd.edu>
List: port-sun3
Date: 04/13/1998 20:13:34
Neither the installation guide nor the FAQs go into any detail on how to
install NetBSD using a SunOS system. I am up a creak until I can figure
out how to do it and I was wondering if perhaps someone could list the
steps that I need to take to get it to a point that the INSTALL manual
takes over again? Thanks. I wish there was some other way, but currently I
don't have an NFS server, or a booting CD-ROM drive or a tape drive for
that matter. I do have a network connection, but I no longer have boot
sectors on my sun3/80. I lost them to a bad hard drive. :( Anyway, I have
a sunOS system at work that my boss has given me permission to use for
this purpose. So does anyone have any pointers and if so can they please
put them in the FAQ or the install manual for future poor saps like
myself.
	-todd

--
"Hey!  Who took the cork off my lunch??!"
                -- W. C. Fields

Todd Hansen, KD6YPS
http://sehplib.ucsd.edu/~tshansen/