Subject: Re: Which version for 3/80?
To: J. Maynard Gelinas <maynard@jmg.com>
From: Ryan Stapleton <raal@penn.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 04/03/1998 22:12:24

>       X already works, just download it.  However, in the first
>       message, which has been snipped out, I noted that there is a
>       problem with cg4.c in NetBSD-current which seems to mix up RGB
>       lines.  1.3 proper doesn't support the cg4 at all.

Doh, I guess I gota get 1.3E, as I have cg4's in both of my 3/80's...

>       I only have a BT458 cg4 to test with, and haven't had much
>       success hacking it to get my cg4 output colors properly.
>       However, I note again that I'm incompetent as a kernel hacker.
>       Although, I may have written incontinent... hmmm maybe that's
>       more than folks wanted to know.
I would be willing to try to help and try to figure that out if anyone
wants, I have never hacked a kernel, but I do like C :)  if nothing
else I would be willing to help test..
-Ryan

- Ryan Stapleton               |   raal@penn.com              -
- 225 West Main Street         |   ryans@cis.clarion.edu      -
- Reynoldsville, Pa            |   ryan@flower.aud.temple.edu -
- 15851                        |                              -
- Amateur Radio Call:  KA3WUT  |  http://users.penn.com/~raal -