Subject: Re: Which version for 3/80?
To: None <raal@penn.com>
From: J. Maynard Gelinas <maynard@jmg.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 04/03/1998 11:50:16
       I'm running 1.3E (usually supp'd to current).  I've noticed two
       serious problems with 1.3 for 3x.

       1) cg4 support doesn't drive my BT458 ramdac based cg4
          properly, I get messed up colors like the RGB lines are
          mixed.  I've been poking through cg4.c in my copious spare
          time (haha) to see if I can help.  Honestly, I'm an
          incompetent kernel hacker and haven't gotten anywhere.
          Gordon is aware of this problem.

       2) I've noticed that the system becomes unstable after about 24
          hours of uptime.  Basically, it starts segfaulting upon
          launching any and every binary; a reboot fixes things up.  I
          suspect a memory leak here...  BTW: this is true not only
          for 1.3E, but also 1.3 proper.  Anyone else notice this?

--jmg