Subject: installation troubles, part II (SMD drives, this time)
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Alexander Bochmann <bochmann@infra.de>
List: port-sun3
Date: 03/26/1998 14:40:18
Hi,

ah... If there's a better place to ask this sort of questions, perhaps
you tell me... I'll probably manage come up with some more in the future ;)

Ok, as there seems no way to get the system working with the sc controller
for now, I thought I'll give it a try with the SMD drives anyway...

But, when booting, I get the following mesages:

 xyc0 at vmes 0 addr 0xffffee40 level 2 vect 0x48: Xylogics 450/451
 xy0 at xyc0 drive 0
 xy0: drive 0 readyxy0: reading disk label failed: Slave ACK error (non-existent memory)

(then the same message for xy1)

When I try to use edlabel on the drive, I get the same error:

 xy0: reading bad144 failed: Slave ACK error (non-existent memory).

But edlabel does print a valid disk label and drive specification.

When I try to use edlabel's "write" command, I get:

 ioctl DIOCWDINFO: Read-only file system

So it seems I'm stuck again...

Any ideas?

Thank you,