Subject: Boot question and Nat...
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Keith Woodworth <kwoody@citytel.net>
List: port-sun3
Date: 03/25/1998 07:48:36
I made the boot and install tapes for my 3/60. I boot from the first tape
and watch as it probes my hardware, and it stops at a prompt about msd0
mst0 and ffs stuff not being setand  these are all defaults so I just hit
return at them all and then am dropped to the ramdisk. Is this ok?
There was nothing in the install file about that.

Next as the disk has already been partitioned and disklabeled under sunos
and I can acutally look at the current settings on disk when I type
edlabel /dev/rsd0, then type print. Can I use these old settings from
sunos or do I have to repartition/label?

And as the disklabel is there already I have tried to copy over the
miniroot from tape and follow the install file for the to mt commands
which seem to work, but the dd command bombs out, and no data copied.
If figure if edlabel can see the exisiting 4.2BSD partitions netbsd
should beable to copy things over but I guess not.

And last, does netbsd 1.3 support nat? Can I just rebuild the kernel and
set things up?

Thanks
kwoody@citytel.net