Subject: Re: basic install problem...
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Alexander Bochmann <bochmann@infra.de>
List: port-sun3
Date: 03/20/1998 09:43:14
...on Thu, Mar 19, 1998 at 04:08:38PM -0500, der Mouse wrote:

 > > it tells me "si_vmes_match: May be an 'sc' board at
 > > pa=0xff20000"...
 > I have an sc driver sorta kinda partly done.  It mostly works with some
 > disks; with others, I get a request-sense status in response to a sense
 > command.
 > But until someone gets an sc driver
 > really-working, if it *is* an sc, you can't do much with it.

Well, probably, I could try installing SunOS 4.1.1; on the other sun3 I have
it tells me: "sc0 at vme24d16 0x200000 vec 0x40", and it works - apart from
that it seems I can't boot off disks larger than 1GB. I can use them as
second disk or whatever, but booting won't work... So I have an old 100MB
SCSI drive in that machine to boot from. Did cost us some nerves when we
first installed the system.

Alex.