Subject: Re: basic install problem...
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-sun3
Date: 03/19/1998 16:08:38
> I have a sun3/160 [...].  Now I'm wondering whether I have a SCSI
> interface somewhere in this machine...

> There is an Emulex MT02 controller connected to a cable that could be
> SCSI, and when I netboot the 1.3 netbsd-rd kernel (that's as far as I
> get for now), it tells me "si_vmes_match: May be an 'sc' board at
> pa=0xff20000"...

My guess would be that you have an sc board.  It "may" be an sc because
the sc and si are normally at the same address (ff200000), but are not
compatible.  Fortunately it is possible to tell the difference; IIRC,
the test done is based on their occupying different amounts of bus
space.

I have an sc driver sorta kinda partly done.  It mostly works with some
disks; with others, I get a request-sense status in response to a sense
command.  (All these disks work fine when on an si, in the same
machine.)  Someday (in my Copious Spare Time) I've got to sit down and
figure out what's wrong....  But until someone gets an sc driver
really-working, if it *is* an sc, you can't do much with it.

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca