Subject: basic install problem...
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Alexander Bochmann <bochmann@infra.de>
List: port-sun3
Date: 03/19/1998 21:13:28
Hi,

I have a sun3/160 that came with a box of SMD disks and a Xylogics controller.
The problem is that I just can't use those beasts because they produce
way too much heat.
Now I'm wondering whether I have a SCSI interface somewhere in this machine...

There is an Emulex MT02 controller connected to a cable that could be SCSI,
and when I netboot the 1.3 netbsd-rd kernel (that's as far as I get for now),
it tells me "si_vmes_match: May be an 'sc' board at pa=0xff20000"...

If I understand the sun3 hardware FAQs correctly, there should be a SCSI
controller somewhere, but is it this one? And why "may" it just be an sc
board? Can I connect a SCSI disk to the cable (I don't need the tape drive,
netboot works just fine)?

Thanks for any help,

Alex.