Subject: Re: Blinkenlights redux
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-sun3
Date: 03/15/1998 08:05:59
> How well does that arrangement perform?  I've been avoiding any disks
> smaller than 2G for years, because I didn't want to run out of SCSI
> ID's...

Yeah, but they're what I had. :-)  All my bigger disks are busy on
other machines.  (And while 80M isn't very big, five of them in a ccd
is plenty big enough to hold a source-and-build tree.)

As for performance...well, it ain't no speed demon.  But watching the
activity lights makes me think most of the slowness is due to the cpu,
not the disks; I'll see make print a line, the lights will flicker
briefly, and then go dark for anywhere from a few seconds to a few
minutes while the command crunches.  Then a little more flickering and
another line from make....

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca