Subject: Re: ESDI > SCSI
To: Keith Woodworth <kwoody@citytel.net>
From: Mark Brown <broonie@tardis.ed.ac.uk>
List: port-sun3
Date: 03/13/1998 00:50:28
On Thu, 12 Mar 1998, Keith Woodworth wrote:

> Just a quick question though to make sure of everything before I go ahead
> and do this is that I notice the supported hardware it lists scsi and all
> but this drive is a Micropolis 1558 and when I ran the boot tape and it
> probed the hardware it showed up as some ESDI > scsi interface. I had
> forgotten that it seems as though this drive is an esdi drive hooked ot a
> scsi interface. Is this possible and will it work correctly with NBSD?

It's fine.  My 3/260 is like that.  The ESDI to SCSI interface means that
the ESDI drive looks like a SCSI drive as far as the SCSI controller is
concerned.  The only reason you're being told about it is that the "SCSI"
drive has an identification string which gets printed during startup and
that is it.

            http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~broonie/
EUFS        http://www.ed.ac.uk/~filmsoc/