Subject: ESDI > SCSI
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Keith Woodworth <kwoody@citytel.net>
List: port-sun3
Date: 03/12/1998 11:57:31
Grabbed the binary/install tree the other day, made the boot tape and
install tape. Everything went just fine.

Just a quick question though to make sure of everything before I go ahead
and do this is that I notice the supported hardware it lists scsi and all
but this drive is a Micropolis 1558 and when I ran the boot tape and it
probed the hardware it showed up as some ESDI > scsi interface. I had
forgotten that it seems as though this drive is an esdi drive hooked ot a
scsi interface. Is this possible and will it work correctly with NBSD?

Everything went ok, the ramdisk booted up fine and got to the ssh:prompt
but I didnt go any further than that for now until I know more about the
esdi stuff.

Also any suggestions for sizes of partitions on a 327 meg drive?

Thanks,
Keith.