Subject: sun3 usefullness....
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Keith Woodworth <kwoody@citytel.net>
List: port-sun3
Date: 03/09/1998 12:04:25
I'm going to be dropping a 360 into a little network that currently has a
satellite connection which will be swapped to an ADSL line this week.

Now as it has 4.1 isntalled on it now I would like to install Netbsd on
it when the adsl line goes in.

I have run FreeBSD for about 18 months now, and have installed and use
SunOS 4.1 for almost a year. How much different is Netbsd to FreeBSD I
figure they must at least somewhat close and would just have to get used
to a few little things but nothing to drastic.

Also what kind of functionality can I get out of these 3/60's? I was
thinking maybe an ftp server using wu-ftp . And possibly a local mail
server as now the
public library where these are going will have a static IP and soon its
own domain. I can stuff 24 megs of ram into one machine.

How bout an http server? The local page gets about 50 hits/day  on a
good day. Or is that just too much for a lowly 3/60?

Thanks.
kwoody@citytel.net