Subject: NetBSD/Sun3: Install Problem: MT02 Controller
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Kevin McQuiggin <mcquiggi@sfu.ca>
List: port-sun3
Date: 03/07/1998 18:18:02
Hi:

I'm having a bit of a problem installing the Sun 3 distribution from tape.

My 3/60 has an MT02 tape controller and an Archive QIC-02 60 MB tape drive.

On booting from tape (>b st(0,8,0), where LUN of the MT02 is set to 1), the
tape drive is located by the ramdisk kernel as "st2" rather than "st0".

The ramdisk kernel needs to have the tape drive at "st0" to install the
miniroot. I cannot get to st2 from the booted kernel ("device not
configured" on mt -f /dev/nrst2 rewind).

I have located the MT02 docs, this tells me how to change the SCSI ID of
the controller, but not the device ID of the tape drive.

How do I set the tape drive to "st0" from "st2"? I can locate no docs on
the drive itself. There are a couple of jumpers on it but without docs I'm
in the dark!

Thanks,

Kevin

---