Subject: Re: Sun 3/E
To: Ben Harris <bjh21@cam.ac.uk>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: port-sun3
Date: 09/26/1997 03:04:22
On Fri, 26 Sep 1997, Ben Harris wrote:

> Well, the Sun 3/50 only has 4M of RAM, and that's supported.  Mine's being
> very useful, since it's currently my only SCSI-capable machine, and thus
> has all my discs, my tape drive and my CD-ROM drive hanging off it.

Do also note that we have had a Sun 3 `Xkernel' NetBSD setup for
some time (available at ftp.cynic.net under /pub/NetBSD-local). If
you're not heavily graphics oriented (i.e., you use mostly xterms
or similar things) a 4 MB 3/50 makes a very nice xterm.

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca		Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.		`And malt does more than Milton can
Vancouver, BC   (604) 257-9400		 To justify God's ways to man.'