Subject: 3/260 hardware doubt
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Paulo Alexandre Pinto Pires <pappires@vortex.del.ufrj.br>
List: port-sun3
Date: 09/11/1997 12:54:20
Hello, folks.

I'm trying to set up an old 3/260.  This machine seemed to work once
in "diag" mode in a serial terminal attached to serial port A.

However, trying to set it up again lately revealed one or two broken
wires in what I believe to be the main board (since it brings the
68020 :) ).  There were wires (of those that are soldered to fix bugs
in the PCB after it was released) connected to U1210 pin 1 and U300
pin 6.  The board part number is 270-1206-01.

The symptom is that the machine will start self test and stop at
"Memory Path Data" test and restart from zero, as if it was just
turned on.  Needless to say, it won't boot in "Normal" mode.

I've already checked the Sun3 archive but found nothing yet.

If anyone can point me any clues to have this old stuff working
again, it will be very nice.

Regards,
	Pappires

P.S.: What card brings the SCSI controller, anyway?