Subject: Compiling the Kernel, Part II
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Kevin Yungsun Kim <kykim@access.digex.net>
List: port-sun3
Date: 09/04/1997 09:11:01
Hi all,

Okay, from the responses I gathered, I simply needed to build the
new 'config' program.  I did that, and it worked.  So far, so good.

'make depend' worked fine.

Here's the trouble.  I did a 'make' and went to bed.  When I got up this
morning, the last couple of lines read:
	cc1: warnings treated as errors
	../../../../arch/sun3/dev/if_le.c: In function `lememinit'
	../../../../arch/sun3/dev/if_le.c: 244: warning passing arg 2 of
	`lesetladrf' discards `volatile' from pointer type

Okay, so I did a quick edit to remove the '-Werror' flag and typed 'make'.
I was late for work, so I didn't stick around to see what happens.

I don't know if what I did will work, or if this is some error, or I just
have a bad configuration (but I am just trying to build GENERIC).

Any hints, advise, suggestions, complaints?

Thanks,
-kevin
kykim@access.digex.net