Subject: X11R6.3 problems with netscape
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael C. Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
List: port-sun3
Date: 09/03/1997 12:15:33
  I run Netscape (BSDi) on a P133. I display to a sun3 with cg4.
  With about 50% chance on every page, my X server will die. I can also
do this sometimes with Xfig.
  I upgraded from X11R6.1 to 6.3 about a month ago, since xfig with width=2
lines tended to crash it with a certainty. (I recall this being a bug
in R6 on other platforms too)

  I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions. I could get a core dump if you
like (currently, /Xsun.core -> /dev/null). I run xdm on my sun3, and actually
login to the sun3. My .xsession ssh's to the NetBSD/i386 machine to finish
my .xsession. I actually force the $DISPLAY to be unencrypted since my
wire is private, and the sun3 should be drawing pixels, not decrypting.

  Ideas? This is getting very frustrating. (I guess I wouldn't care if
Lynx's table support was better)

  :!mcr!: