Subject: Instability of NetBSD 1.2 on Sun3/50
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Gavin Hurlbut <gjhurlbu@magma.ca>
List: port-sun3
Date: 08/11/1997 10:36:22
I have a Sun3/50 at home that I have running NetBSD 1.2 totally
diskless,
using a Linux box as an NFS server.  I have only had it up for about 4
days
now.  I have been noticing that it seems to run fine for about 3 hours
(of
actual use), then seg faults on everything leaving me with a plethora of
core dumps.

I suspect that it is a swap over NFS problem, but I really don't know.

Has anyone else seen this behaviour, and if so, what can be done about
it
short of spending about $50 US for a funky Sun3 SCSI cable and getting
an
external SCSI drive for it?  I would like to keep expenditure to a
minimum.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Gavin