Subject: Re: Sun-3/80 "le0: memory error"
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Soren S. Jorvang <soren@t.dk>
List: port-sun3
Date: 08/07/1997 18:18:48
On Thu, 7 Aug 1997, der Mouse wrote:

> I have also seen one "le0: dropping chained buffer" message.

Since about two weeks ago, I have been getting the 'le0: dropping
chained buffer' at the rate of roughly one per hour, on a mostly idle i386
with a PCI Lance card. I have not seen the 'memory error' message, though.

This machine and card has been extremely reliable for a long time, and I
have never seen this error message before. It does not seem dangerous,
and I have not seen any data corruption either. I have not tried booting an
old kernel to check.

The modification date on am7990.c does not raise suspicion, but of course
it could be a whole lot of other things.

--
Soren