Subject: Re: Sun 3/80 SCSI problem
To: Juergen Hannken-Illjes <hannken@serv1.eis.cs.tu-bs.de>
From: Jeremy Cooper <jeremy@broder.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 07/23/1997 14:10:42
On Wed, 23 Jul 1997, Juergen Hannken-Illjes wrote:

> Everything works fine until I use the tape drive. I write a 1024 byte
> record and if I read it back, all data is shifted up by 4 bytes. As a
> side effect parts of the file system on sd0 get corrupted.  I don't know
> if the sources before last Friday had the same problem.

There have been some recent commits to the machine-independent esp driver
code.  I haven't tested them, so this could be the culprit.

What exactly does data look like when they are "shifted up by 4 bytes?"
And what evidence do you have that the filesystem corruption on sd0 is
linked to your tape transfers?

-J