Subject: tftp behaviour
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <duncanm@qsa.qualitysemi.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 07/09/1997 08:06:49
Hi all,

I finally got around to installing  -1.2 (binaries) on my spare
150meg micropolis; but I've run into a strange problem.

I've got an colour X-term which I usually netboot off my Sun3 (plod)
using tftp. I couldn't get it to work under NetBSD and tracked
the problem down to a seemingly non-functional tftp.

I can reproduce the problem by tftping on the Sun to itself...
Changing the tftp directory or setroot option has no apparent affect.

[ note the following transcript is as I remember it, it isn't 'real' ]

% tftp plod
tftp> trace
tftp> verbose
tftp> get CT300	         (the XTerm boot file)
 <received 512 bytes, block 1>
 <send ACK1>
 <received 512 bytes, block 1>
... repeats a couple of times then gives up
tftp>

Looking at the retrieved file shows that, yes indeed,
only the first block arrived. Trying files smaller than 512 bytes
leads to similar responses.

The same type of experiment here at work on NetBSD i386-1.2.1 works ok.

any ideas? (I haven't got the source yet, this is all on the -1.2
binary distribution)

     duncan