Subject: Re: Xwindows for 3/80
To: None <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
From: Ian Dall <Ian.Dall@dsto.defence.gov.au>
List: port-sun3
Date: 07/08/1997 09:44:28
Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se> writes:

  >> On Thu, 3 Jul 1997, Rick Copeland wrote:
  >>
  >> > [ Need X windows for sun3x ]
  >>
  >> Use the X-windows package and instructions for the sun3.  It works just
  >> fine.
  >>
  > Actually, I tried the Sun3 X-windows package, and couldn't start the
  > X server. It complained about "unsupported keyboard" something. I have
  > a normal type 4 swedish keyboard, are one supposed to do something
  > magic to use it?

If you are using the package I built, try running with the -kb option.
This turns off the keyboard extension. It is possible to compile
without the keyboard extension but I am hopeful that someone will
write the configuration file for the type 4 keyboard so it seems better
to compile in the extension and turn it off with the run time flag.

BTW, the "unsupported keyboard" messages are not fatal. If it won't run,
something else is wrong. A good thing to check for is that /dev/<framebuffer>
and /dev/mouse exist and are correct.

Ian