Subject: Re: I seem to be missing something...
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-sun3
Date: 02/24/1997 07:39:47
> I'm trying to get a second disk on my 3/60, and I've gotten as far as
> a "disklabel -r sd2 q240" (it's a Quantum 240)...

> My problem: "disklabel -w sd2 q240", or any other attempt to use
> disklabel without -r, produces:

> disklabel: ioctl DIOCWDINFO: Inappropriate ioctl for device

> What's that?

Good question.  I haven't been able to see where that's coming from;
looking at sdioctl() on down, I see EBADF, EINVAL, EBUSY, but not
ENOTTY.  Sure your /dev entries for sd2 are correct?

(You could always try using my sunlabel, that's what I always use to
repartition disks for the sun3 and sparc ports :-)

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca