Subject: Re: Still kernel weirdness
To: None <oster@cs.usask.ca, scotte@warped.com>
From: Gordon W. Ross <gwr@mc.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 02/19/1997 11:18:41
> From: Greg Oster <oster@cs.usask.ca>
> Date: Wed, 19 Feb 97 08:44:36 -0600

> scotte@warped.com writes:
> > Well, I was hoping that todays sun3 changes would fix my kernel problem,
> > but
> > it looks like it didn't.  I'm stumped as to the problem here.
> >
> > With a GENERIC kernel, the kernel appears to config fine (finds all devices
> > and the right root/swap), but then I get "Process (pid 1) got signal 10"
> > over and over (forever).
>
> I get:
>   Process (pid 1) got signal 11
>
> repeated over and over (note the signal is 11, and not 10 :-/ )

I believe I've just corrected this.  When the new, faster versions
of copypage and zeropage went in, nobody noticed that that sun3
did not define any M68020 symbol so copy.s let copypage be empty!

Worse still, I was using a private version of that stuff, so I
never saw the problem.  So sorry...  It's fixed now.

Be sure to grab the latest sun3/genassym.c which has these lines:

+ 	/* XXX: for copy.s */
+ 	def("M68020", 1),

added at the beginning of the assyms array.

Gordon