Subject: Re: Still kernel weirdness
To: None <scotte@warped.com>
From: Greg Oster <oster@cs.usask.ca>
List: port-sun3
Date: 02/19/1997 08:44:36
scotte@warped.com writes:
> Well, I was hoping that todays sun3 changes would fix my kernel problem,
> but
> it looks like it didn't.  I'm stumped as to the problem here.
>
> With a GENERIC kernel, the kernel appears to config fine (finds all devices
> and the right root/swap), but then I get "Process (pid 1) got signal 10"
> over and over (forever).

I get:
  Process (pid 1) got signal 11

repeated over and over (note the signal is 11, and not 10 :-/ )

This is with a kernel built from Feb 15 tarballs, with upgraded vm files
(no upgraded arch/sun/* stuff).  The kernal is based on GENERIC, with only a
one change (IIRC, all I did was bump up the number of users)  The init is from
1.2 sources (I'm still working on building the world for 1.2C)  The machine is
a Sun 3/50 w/ 8MB of RAM.  I booted with "b sd(0,0,0)/netbsd -s".

> Any ideas how to proceed here?  A Jan28 kernel boots and runs fine, so
> I'm sure it's in the kernel, not userland.

I don't know for sure, but I'd tend to agree..

I'd be happy to provide dumps/traces/whatever of this weird behavior to anyone
who would find them useful...

Later...

Greg Oster

oster@cs.usask.ca
Department of Computer Science
University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, CANADA